The US actress Emma Stone has won the Oscar as the best actress. The 28-year-old was honored on Sunday night in Hollywood for her role in the musical romance “La La Land”. The prize for the best male lead actor went to Casey Affleck for the drama “Manchester by the Sea”.
Stone embodies “La La Land” the ambitious actress Mia, who suffers from failed castings and fights with a job in a café. An equally not very successful jazz pianist, played by Ryan Gosling, but gives her new impetus. Also for Stone it was the first Oscar. Also the director of “La La Land”, Damien Chazelle, was awarded an Oscar. Overall, the film was nominated in 14 categories on Sunday; He was also considered a hot favorite for the best film award. For her role in the musical “La La Land” Emma Stone was honored with the Oscar as the best leading actress. She plays the ambitious actress Mia, who suffers from failed castings.
List of winners for the 89th annual Academy Awards presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Best Picture: “Moonlight.”
- Actor: Casey Affleck, “Manchester by the Sea.”
- Actress: Emma Stone, “La La Land.”
- Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, “Moonlight.”
- Supporting Actress: Viola Davis, “Fences.”
- Directing: Damien Chazelle, “La La Land.”
- Foreign Language Film: “The Salesman,” Iran.
- Adapted Screenplay: “Moonlight,” screenplay by Barry Jenkins, story by Tarell Alvin McCraney.
- Original Screenplay: Kenneth Lonergan, “Manchester by the Sea.”
- Production Design: “La La Land,” Production Design: David Wasco; Set Decoration: Sandy Reynolds-Wasco.
- Cinematography: Linus Sandgren, “La La Land.”
- Sound Mixing: “Hacksaw Ridge,” Kevin O’Connell, Andy Wright, Robert Mackenzie and Peter Grace.
- Sound Editing: “Arrival,” Sylvain Bellemare.
- Original Score: “La La Land,” Justin Hurwitz.
- Original Song: “City of Stars” from “La La Land,” music by Justin Hurwitz, lyric by Ben Pasek and Justin Paul.
- Costume Design: Colleen Atwood, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”
- Documentary (short subject): “The White Helmets,” Orlando von Einsiedel and Joanna Natasegara.
- Documentary Feature: “O.J.: Made in America,” Ezra Edelman and Caroline Waterlow.
- Film Editing: “Hacksaw Ridge,” John Gilbert.
- Makeup and Hairstyling: “Suicide Squad,” Alessandro Bertolazzi, Giorgio Gregorini and Christopher Nelson.
- Animated Feature Film: “Zootopia,” Byron Howard, Rich Moore and Clark Spencer.Animated Short Film: “Piper,” Alan Barillaro and Marc Sondheimer.
- Live Action Short Film: “Sing,” Kristof Deak and Anna Udvardy.
- Visual Effects: “The Jungle Book,” Robert Legato, Adam Valdez, Andrew R. Jones and Dan Lemmon.